Fire breaks out at unoccupied property in Rouge Huis Avenue

FIRE CREWS rushed to St Peter Port yesterday to extinguish a fire that broke out in an airing cupboard.

Fire crews attend a blaze at a house in Rouge Huis Avenue yesterday. Neighbours were alerted to the fire when they heard the property’s smoke alarm. (Picture by Tom Tardif, 1289934)
Fire crews attend a blaze at a house in Rouge Huis Avenue yesterday. Neighbours were alerted to the fire when they heard the property’s smoke alarm. (Picture by Tom Tardif, 1289934)

FIRE CREWS rushed to St Peter Port yesterday to extinguish a fire that broke out in an airing cupboard.

Nobody was in the Rouge Huis Avenue property when the fire started at around 10.20am but nearby neighbours heard the smoke alarm and alerted the owner, who was just on their way back home.

Two fire appliances attended along with 10 crew members.

Station manager Kevin Murphy could not confirm the cause of the fire until an investigation had been complete.