Dishwasher fire puts woman in hospital

A COBO resident had to be taken to hospital on Saturday evening after battling to put out a fire in her dishwasher.

G29Q7197

A COBO resident had to be taken to hospital on Saturday evening after battling to put out a fire in her dishwasher.

The woman, who was suffering from smoke inhalation, was treated at the scene by Ambulance and Rescue staff who took her to the Accident and Emergency Department at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital.

The fire happened at around 6.40pm at the woman’s home, next to Cobo Mission Hall in Route de Cobo, Castel.

Two fire appliances attended, but acting watch commander Gary Sargent said the woman had already extinguished most of the fire before they arrived.

Comments for: "Dishwasher fire puts woman in hospital"

Andy

Has the manufacturer or importer been questioned ?

masetorq

I wonder if it was a Bosch one? There was a defect warning in the English papers about 6 months ago about certain Bosch models catching fire under certain circumstances. Wifey spotted it and we had ours fixed.