Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
At the time of issue there was a Strong Wind Warning in force for the Channel Islands Area.
Some sunny periods. Rain late p.m.
At 7 a.m. low, 990 mb, slow moving over Ireland, its associated cold front was expected to cross the area this afternoon.
Forecast from 1pm Friday to 1pm Saturday.
- Forecast: Rain soon spreading in from the west, locally heavy with the risk of thunder, clearing by late evening. Isolated showers developing overnight and becoming more frequent Saturday morning with a risk of thunder.
- Wind: South 5 to 6 with gusts to 35kt, locally 7 in the north of the area, veering southwest and decreasing 4 to 5 this evening, locally 6 at times Saturday morning.
- Visibility: Good, becoming moderate to poor in rain and showers.
- Sea State: Moderate to rather rough, perhaps locally rough in the north until evening.
- Sea Swell: 4 to 7 feet, decreasing 3 to 5 feet overnight.
- Sea Temp: 18
Outlook from 1pm Saturday to 1pm Sunday.
- Forecast: Scattered showers or longer periods of rain, with a risk of thunder, becoming isolated overnight.
- Wind: Southwest 4 to 5, locally 6 and gusty near showers, veering west to northwest overnight and decreasing 2 to 4 Sunday morning.
- Visibility: Good, occasionally moderate to poor in showers.
- Sea State: Moderate to rather rough, perhaps locally rough at times, with a swell, becoming slight to moderate on Sunday.