Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
Some bright or sunny intervals p.m. Rain overnight.
At midday, low, 989 mb, over northern France and the Channel, moving away eastsoutheast. Further low, 986mb, mid-Atlantic, expected 975mb over the Channel Islands by Saturday afternoon.
Forecast from 7pm Friday to 7pm Saturday.
- Forecast: Risk of a shower. Rain spreading from the west after midnight, locally heavy, becoming intermittent during the morning.
- Wind: Northeast or variable 3 to 5, becoming generally southerly and increasing 4 to 6 after midnight, perhaps locally 7, becoming cyclonic variable in the morning, then locally westerly 6 to gale 8 south of Guernsey, otherwise northerly 5 to 6 in the afternoon.
- Visibility: Moderate to poor in rain, otherwise moderate to good.
- Sea State: Moderate to rather rough, locally rough in the south overnight, becoming rather rough to rough in the morning.
- Sea Swell: 3 to 7 feet, becoming confused with total waves 9 to 17 feet.
- Sea Temp: 9
Outlook from 7pm Saturday to 7pm Sunday.
- Forecast: Occasional rain clearing then scattered showers, becoming isolated in the afternoon. Risk of hail.
- Wind: Northerly 4 to 5, becoming mainly variable 2 to 4 in the evening, locally westerly 5 to 6 southwest of Jersey at times, becoming northeasterly 3 to 5 on Sunday morning.
- Visibility: Moderate to poor in rain, becoming good, occasionally moderate.
- Sea State: Rather rough or rough, with heavy swell decreasing, becoming moderate to rather rough during Sunday.