Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
At 7am, a southerly flow covered the area. Occluded front over eastern Britain and France expected to move west over northern France this evening to affect the Channel tonight.
Forecast from 1pm Thursday to 1pm Friday.
- Forecast: Rain at times overnight and Friday morning.
- Wind: Mainly easterly 1 to 3, backing northeast to north during the afternoon and increasing 3 to 4, further backing north to northwest by morning, perhaps locally 5, backing west by midday.
- Visibility: Good, locally moderate to poor in rain.
- Sea State: Smooth or slight, locally moderate later.
- Sea Swell: 3 to 7 feet decreasing 2 to 5 feet later.
- Sea Temp: 12
Outlook from 1pm Friday to 1pm Saturday.
- Forecast: Rain in the east at first clearing. Further rain spreading in from the east overnight, clearing Saturday morning.
- Wind: West 2 to 4, backing southerly by evening and increasing 4 to 5, perhaps 6 for a time around midnight, veering south to southwest in the morning.
- Visibility: Moderate to good, locally moderate to poor in rain.
- Sea State: Slight, locally moderate becoming moderate, locally rather rough overnight, with swell.