Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
Sunny and very hot.
At 1pm, high, 1025mb near Holland was drifting northeast. Thundery low, 1010mb, over Spain, expected to move northwards to be over the Channel by Wednesday.
Forecast from 7pm Tuesday to 7pm Wednesday.
- Forecast: Isolated thundery showers tonight and in the morning. Fog patches spreading into the west of the area by the afternoon.
- Wind: Easterly 4 to 5, locally 6 with gusts to 35kt in the north until around midnight, then veering southeast to south and decreasing 2 to 4, becoming variable late morning, then west to northwest 3 to 4 in the afternoon, occasionally 5.
- Visibility: Mainly good, locally poor or very poor later.
- Sea State: Slight, locally moderate in the north and west at times.
- Sea Swell: 2 to 4 feet, becoming 3 to 6 feet tomorrow morning.
- Sea Temp: 16
Outlook from 7pm Wednesday to 7pm Thursday.
- Forecast: Fog patches at first clearing. Isolated thundery showers, clearing Thursday afternoon.
- Wind: West to northwest 2 to 4, becoming variable or southerly 1 to 3 overnight.
- Visibility: Moderate to good, locally poor to very poor at first, becoming good Thursday afternoon.
- Sea State: Mainly slight with a low swell.