Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
At the time of issue there were Gale Warnings in force for Sea Areas Wight, Portland, and Plymouth.
STRONG WIND WARNING
At the time of issue there was a Gale Warning in force for the Channel Islands area.
at 1 a.m., a weak cold front over southern England was moving quickly south ahead of a temporary ridge.
Forecast from 7am Tuesday to 7am Wednesday.
- Forecast: Isolated showers overnight.
- Wind: West to northwest 7 to gale 8, locally severe gale 9 mid-Channel at first, decreasing 6 to 7 later this morning, then 5 to 6 overnight.
- Visibility: Moderate to good.
- Sea State: Rough to very rough becoming rather rough to rough overnight.
- Sea Swell: Confused. Total waves 11-16ft becoming 7- 10ft.
- Sea Temp: 10
Outlook from 7am Wednesday to 7am Thursday.
- Forecast: Patchy light rain from mid-afternoon.
- Wind: Northwest 4 to 5, occasionally 6, backing westerly by midday.
- Visibility: Moderate to good, occasionally moderate to poor.
- Sea State: Rather rough to rough becoming moderate to rather rough with swell.