Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
Mainly cloudy and misty, with some fog patches.
At 1 pm. high, 1033mb, north of the Azores extended a declining ridge to the Channel. A series of weak fronts were moving east over the Atlantic and Britain affecting the Channel at times.
Forecast from 7pm Wednesday to 7pm Thursday.
- Forecast: Mist and fog patches, with occasional light rain and drizzle, clearing for a time overnight.
- Wind: Westerly 3 to 4, backing southwest by mid- morning, increasing 4 to 5 by midday, perhaps locally 6 at times in the afternoon, veering southwest to west towards evening.
- Visibility: Moderate to very poor, becoming moderate to good for a time overnight.
- Sea State: Mainly slight, becoming slight to moderate in the afternoon.
- Sea Swell: 2 to 3 feet.
- Sea Temp: 18
Outlook from 7pm Thursday to 7pm Friday.
- Forecast: Some light rain or drizzle at times. Mist and fog patches on Thursday clearing overnight
- Wind: West to southwest 4 to 5, decreasing 3 to 4 Friday morning.
- Visibility: Moderate to very poor, becoming moderate to good on Friday.
- Sea State: Slight to moderate, becoming mainly slight in the morning, with a low swell.