Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
At 1 p.m. low, 1002 mb, 400 miles west of Brest expected to move northeast and slowly fill, with associated weak fronts crossing the area on Sunday.
Forecast from 7pm Saturday to 7pm Sunday.
- Forecast: Isolated thundery showers. Mist and a risk of fog patches, clearing around dawn.
- Wind: Westerly 2 to 4, backing southwest and increasing 4 to 5 around midnight, then 5 to 6 by dawn, veering west by evening, locally 4.
- Visibility: Moderate to good, perhaps locally poor or very poor overnight.
- Sea State: Slight increasing moderate overnight, locally rather rough in the north and west.
- Sea Swell: Becoming 2 to 5 feet by Sunday afternoon.
- Sea Temp: 19
Outlook from 7pm Sunday to 7pm Monday.
- Forecast: Isolated showers, clearing overnight.
- Wind: West 4 to 5, perhaps locally 6 at first, veering northwest overnight and decreasing 3 to 4 by dawn, then 2 to 3 later.
- Visibility: Good, locally moderate to poor in showers.
- Sea State: Moderate to rather rough, decreasing slight to moderate by dawn, then smooth or slight later, with a low swell.