Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office. .
Shipping forecast from the Jersey Met. Office.
STRONG WIND WARNING
At 6 a.m. a weak ridge covered the Channel. Low, 969 mb, near Greenland expected to move east with associated front reaching the Channel overnight.
Forecast from 1pm Friday to 1pm Saturday.
- Forecast: Patchy light rain after midnight.
- Wind: Northwest to west 2 to 4, backing southwest to south by early evening, increasing 5 to 6 by midnight, decreasing 4 to 5 by late morning.
- Visibility: Good, occasionally moderate on Saturday.
- Sea State: Slight increasing moderate in the north overnight, locally rather rough mid-Channel for a time.
- Sea Swell: 5 to 8 feet, decreasing 3 to 6 feet by Saturday.
- Sea Temp: 8
Outlook from 1pm Saturday to 1pm Sunday.
- Forecast: Rain by late afternoon, clearing by midnight.
- Wind: South to southwest 4 to 5, increasing 5 to 6 by evening, veering west 6 to gale 8 by midnight.
- Visibility: Good becoming moderate to poor in rain.
- Sea State: Slight to moderate, increasing rough to very rough overnight.