Advertising

Parents warned after sea anemone stings youngster

News | Published:

A FATHER is warning other parents to watch out for a type of sea anemone which stung one of his children and left him with blisters.

A FATHER is warning other parents to watch out for a type of sea anemone which stung one of his children and left him with blisters.

Charles Jennings, 47, was at Belle Greve beach last Friday and son Alfie Prevel, eight, was playing in the sea when he came into contact with the snakelocks anemone.

'In the car on the way home Alfie said his arm started to sting and it swelled up.'

Mr Jennings said he had seen these anemones all over the island, particularly on a low tide.

'They sit on the sand and are green with mauve tips.'

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Guernsey Press

Advertising

UK & International News