A request was made at the weekend for people who attended either of the establishments between 18 and 20 January to get in touch with Public Health by email, after a case was identified. More than 300 emails were received.
Director of Public Health Dr Nicola Brink said yesterday that another case had been identified, who had been to the Ship & Crown on 22 January.
‘What we are now asking is anyone has been to the Ship & Crown or the Crow’s Nest between Monday 18 January and Friday 22 January to come forward, if you have symptoms,’ she said.
‘We want to focus our testing capacity on symptomatic people, because they’re the people most likely to transmit, but they are also the people most likely to be positive.’
She said it was important to note that they were not asking everyone who had been to the establishments between those dates to get in touch.
‘Now that’s really important, because what we want to do is focus our testing capacity not only on symptomatics, but also other vulnerable settings, so increased surveillance,’ she said.
‘For example, in our hospital setting.’