Manor House Ltd has submitted an application for The Manor in Brock Road.
The large Edwardian house stands on the Elm Grove traffic light junction. It was built around 1903 in a grandeur style.
It replaced a much simpler farmhouse originally known as Chaumiere and later Rouge Huis. The building has since been subdivided.
The structure originally had more land, stretching towards Doyle Road, but now it has a square garden.
It is proposed that two semi-detached three-bed houses are to be built on the northern side of the land, between the house and Elm Grove. These would use the existing access to enter the site.
DRP Architecture, in a covering letter to planning, said it had situated the proposed building on an unused part of the site, which would have a minimal effect on the setting of the existing building.
‘The approach to the protected building is not affected, and its setting within the heavily planted site is retained, as is the open lawned front garden, which enables the main facade to be appreciated in full. The scale of the proposed dwelling is subservient to the main house and status of the Edwardian dwelling and hierarchy within the site.
‘The new dwellings screen the electrical substation from the existing building, which enhances its internal views to the surrounding site.’
All the trees on the site are protected. The plans would see three trees needing to be removed, which are described as young, domestic garden trees.
New ones would be planted to replace them.
n The plans can be viewed at www.gov.gg/liveplanningapplications.