Guernsey Press

Smoke from overcooked stew draws fire crew to Bridge

A stew pot left cooking for too long required attention from firefighters late yesterday afternoon.

Last updated
Smoke from at a flat in Orion House off the Bridge was caused by cooking being left on the hob. (Pictures by Peter Frankland, 33230910)

The building – Orion House, off the Bridge – was evacuated as a result.

One water tender was dispatched to the scene, where burnt cooking was found in a smoke-filled upper floor flat, but no fire was found.

Two fire fighters with breathing apparatus entered the building with CO2 extinguishers.

A second water tender was dispatched as back-up, which was requested by the first crew, but in the end it was not required.

The flat was ventilated and handed back to the residents.

Other residents were then allowed to return to their properties before their dinners were also at risk.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.